2004 F350 6.0 No VIN in PCM

Posted about 1 month ago by Parker Fetters

Post a topic
Un Answered
P
Parker Fetters

I have a 2004 F350 that shows a blank VIN / no VIN in the PCM after returning it to stock with an SCT X4 and unmarrying the device. I have attached some photos of the blank vin space on the SCT device. Unfortunately, until I can get the VIN reflashed into the truck, I can't re-tune it with any other device. I have the original SCT Device that I used still in my possession, but it is married to another truck. Would unmarrying it from that truck, and then attempting to use it to restore the stock file to this truck do any good, or is that pointless since the device doesn't have the data from this problem truck still on it to flash the truck with? Is there any way to download a "new stock file" to a device and then flash that to the truck the essentially reassign it a VIN? The PCM has no problems communicating with the OBD port, as my Edge CTS3 runs off of it without a problem every day and the device can access the PCM and TCM strategies.

As a note, the included picture of the Edge monitor shows a VIN, but that was manually entered in by me, it could not pull it up automatically like my other trucks can.

0 Votes

1 Comments

L

Leo Stapleton posted about 1 month ago Admin

If the vin is blank it was like that when you put our device in there, but if you Contact our support department through the chat bubble at the bottom right of our website, or open up a ticket via the support portal on our website (https://derivepower.freshdesk.com/support/home) you can send the stock file from the device and we can take a look at it and see if there is something we can do! 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment