Egt probe reads 32 degrees

Posted 18 days ago by Destrye

Post a topic
Un Answered
D
Destrye

I installed an egt probe on my truck with a livewire ts+ and it reads 32 degrees and never moves either at operating temperature or cold. Is it a bad probe? 

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
D

Destrye posted 14 days ago

I have installed the probe in driver side bd power manifold, connected the probe to the box supplied with the fatter male terminal in the correct fatter female terminal, connected supplied firewire into my ts+ location on obd2 wire (no need for splicing), plugged in the device into obd2, selected analog 7 red firewire and changed equation to sct egt. Exactly how stated in directions and video. 

The only thing left is to get an rma number which seems impossible with this no contact to a human over the phone. 

0 Votes

W

Wade Gorden posted 18 days ago

First try to restart your ts by swiping over to the power button on the main screen and restart it fixes the issue if it’s just froze up and everything is wired and set correct, 32 is the minimum read on the ts. If restart doesn’t do it

Means it’s either not connected somewhere or you’re possibly on the wrong setting for the probe you have,  unlikely the probe is bad. 

I would check everything is connected properly and then check your on the right probe setting. Just my two cents. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment